Это та самая компания, которая привела на наши экраны Немо и Машины, Wall-E и Рататуи. Они получили 6 Оскаров и кучу других наград.
А прямо сейчас вице-президент компании, у которой CAGR - 39%, рассказывает о том, как они подбирают и нанимают людей.
Вот несколько мыслей.
How to build a successful company:
- Single focus at one film at a time - for entire company.
- Hire people smarter than ourselves
- Hire people as peers
- Are you great at the job I'm asking you to do?
- Will you play well with the other kids?
- Can you communicate effectively?
- Will you work hard?
- Are you smart?
Culture shapes the team:
- Safe to express your opinion
- Safe to make a mistake
- Teach people new skills
- Don't pit boxes around anyone's job
- Deal with exceptions on exception basis
- Build the job around the person
- Talented people attract other talented people
Don't want to have people with same thoughts but rather have diversity of opinions.
Then you need people to feel safe to say what you really think.
Employees watch the film and then write notes. If there is reoccurring theme, the director will take it into account. - Every four months to get feedback.
Teach people the general philosophy and let them make mistakes - not 5 in a row.
You see a problem - go and fix it. Don't ask for the permission.
Team shapes the culture:
- Balance - each part of the company has a voice
- Meritocracy - treat everyone fairly
- Innovation - not whose idea, what's the best idea
- Fun - people should want to come to work
- Straightforward - clear, honest feedback
Fundamental Leadership Dilemma:
Paradox of Individual and Collective Identities
- Engagement and learning:
- Intrinsic motivation - one of the most important things
- Everyone has a perspective - and it should be different
- Role of leadership:
- Shape the culture
- Define the goal
- Provide resources
- Unleash and harness potential:
- Individual and collective identity
- Support and confrontation
- Learning & development and performance
- Improvisation and structure
- Bottom-up and top-down
Leaders of collective genius
Unleash & Harness slices of genius:
- See the extraordinary where most see only ordinary
- Idealists, yet pragmatists
- 360-degree and curious thinkers who are grounded and guided by an inner compass
- Comfortable sharing power